martes, 24 de septiembre de 2013

Arirang~

If I'm being completely honest, that's one of the most difficult questions someone could ever ask me. Ever since I was a little fetus (nah, I'm kidding, I wasn't that smart as a fetus), I had this dream, almost need to get out of this conga line that is Chile and meet the world, see its nature, meet the locals, their buildings, their food, everything you could imagine. And until this very day, I feel exactly the same. I guess that's one of the big reasons I'd like to become a Social Anthropologist, have a chance to use what I considered my hobby, what I loved to learn about, as a full-time career.

So okay, after a 5 minute break, I decided what country I'd write about. I guess I want to visit world, but I do have some preferences... And I chose one that has been really close to my life because of what I like, and that is South Korea! I'll be honest, I know quite a lot about it. The thing is that my favorite boy-group right now it's a bunch of cute little (but quite sexy) boys named SHINee, and I tend to watch a lot of variety shows because them. And South Korea has a very wide range of shows, so I get to learn a lot about their culture! When it comes to their palate, they have a really reaaaally spicy one and not as sweet as us Chileans. They use a lot of veggies too! A few days ago, in September 19th, it was Chuseok for them! Chuseok it's the Korean Thanksgiving, and it's a time where a Korean goes back to their home, or travels to visit the house of the head of family (it could be a grandparent for example) to pay their respects. They use a typical clothing too called Hanbok!


If you ask me what I'd do, oh man, I'd probably visit as much as I could. I'd go to Seoul and go to the Hongdae area! I've heard it's very... foreign-friendly I'd say. I'd walk around and eat street food! I've seen something called 'ugly hot dog' and it looks so yummy, I love fried food so it looks perfect for my taste. I'd try to go to a lot of concerts as well since I love their pop so much, it's almost a guilty pleasure. Maybe stalk my idols too...


I'd love to study there! Like I said, because of cultural differences, I think I'd be quite the experience. I think it may have a completely different perspective of everything I've learned so far, so of course it sounds very interesting. Living there? I am  not very sure hahaha, that's why I'd go to study for a while and see if I like it. I think I'd have a lot of troubles getting used to their food... But now that I think about it, it's pretty much the same thing if I go to study there for a year, damn. Oh well, sacrifices you must do in life to get what you want.

3 comentarios:

  1. Street food rocks!!! Also South Korea!! I want to travel there too. That country has something that call you. I hope all your dreams come true and I know you can go there :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Stalking is not good. Well, I guess that you can not help it because they are cute and sexy, hahaha. Mmm... if you ask me, I will say that the "street food" thing attracts my atention. Spicy palate? That sounds interesting... I would have to taste their food and then I'll decide if their palate is spicy or not...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You have to fight for your dreams! C:

    ResponderEliminar