martes, 8 de octubre de 2013

Fuel of life.

I knew this question would appear eventually, BUT I AM STILL NOT PREPARED TO ATTACK IT. The thing about me, is that I'm a serious melomaniac. For as long as I can remember, I've been a huge fan of music in all it forms, that's why it's hard for me to pick a favorite genre of music, though I have tendencies to choose a few over others. I make this introduction because I'll talk a bit about the bands that have marked me along the course of my life, until I reach the favorite group I have now, and you'll find a HUGE music change in its style.

The first band I sort-of was a fan was Good Charlotte back in the day where I was like... 11. The record 'The Chronicles of Life and Death' was one of the first I bought for me and it still remains as one of the most important records in my life. Then, came what could be considered my first favorite band and it's one that still has a very big part of my heart, and that is My Chemical Romance. Yes, I was considered one of those emo kids that cut themselves over nothing, but just like every prejudice, it didn't apply to all the fans of course. The thing is that, I never really showed the style of a typical MCR fan showed, so it always felt I was left out. Anyway, I just talked about a subject that has nothing to do with the topic haha sorry about that. So! The point is that I still love them dearly and I treasure the five records they released before they broke up (Insert ugly crying in here). I've been a fan of them ever since 2004 so almost 10 years now. Around 2007-2008, I started to like another band that was kind-of related to MCR because of the circle of friends they had (I'm speaking about you, Fall Out Boy guys), and that band was Panic! At The Disco. I've always seen them as a quite unique band, and I loved the different style of music they have in each of their records. I think P!ATD is proof of the wide variety of music I can be into. Then, in 2009 I'd say, I don't know if it can actually be considered a band or a group, since it's a TV Show, but since they release a lot of music, you could consider them. I've been a Glee for as long as the show has been running, and I really really like their covers, especially since I have a soft spot for Broadway.

Wow, I finally finished that long paragraph, but I think now it's gonna be just longer! Since now I'm going to talk about the favorite group I have nowadays. If you read my previous entry about my interest in South Korea, you should probably remember that I named the group I like. That group that makes my heart flutter and knees go weak (I sound like a crazy fan that was part of the Beatlemania oh my god) is SHINee! What do I know about them? Well... I know a lot. Seriously. A lot. But let's do introductions first. They a five-member group from South Korea and their ages go from 23 to 20. From youngest to oldest, first we have Lee TaeMin, age 20, who is the lead dancer and one of the vocalist of this group. Choi MinHo, age 21, who is the main rapper and also vocalist and my second-favorite member. Kim KiBum widely known as Key, age 22, in charge of rapping, singing and dancing. Kim JongHyun, age 23, who is the lead singer. And last, but definitely not least, Lee JinKi widely known as Onew, age 23, who is the lead singer, as well as my favorite member of this group. For their music, it's classified as K-Pop, which stands for Korean Pop, but it's not common K-Pop. Because of their management, S.M. Entertainment, they constantly change styles for each of the singles they put out, so for a normal person, you might love one song but hate another! But I think the common factor is pop, ballads and R&B. Lately though, they've been going to the electronic side! They are coming back this October 14th with a new song and it's best birthday present I could have ever asked for! 

Why do I like them? I find them a bunch of charming boys with amazing talent. They really put up their everything on the stage, and one of my favorite things about them is the way they complement each other; their harmonies are to die for. They are really passionate of what they do, and you can see it in their performances. Also, they are very very very very VERY handsome. My favorite song from them... Man, that's a hard one, I think I need to pick one from every record. But the ones that pop in my head immediately are To Your Heart, Quasimodo and In My Room.

Now it's time to publish videos! Since I talked about them having a lot of styles, I'm going to publish around three so you can see the difference. 

First we have Sherlock! The song is called Sherlock and this was their comeback of 2012.

Here we have one of my favorite songs from their Japanese promotions! (Yes, they have Japanese albums too) It's called "Boys Meet U".


And finally, I'll leave you with the teaser of 'Everybody', their new song which video hasn't come out yet!


And I'm putting this one from their Japanese promotions as well since I freaking love it. The name of the song is 'Why So Serious?'




3 comentarios:

  1. I love boy bands...I'm not a huge fan of oriental bands but I like it. I hear a few songs of them and I think.........they are amazing!! But I still loving my Backstreet boys <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Mmm... don't feel bad about it, but I think that I have wasted a lot of my precious time watching the four videos. I don't hate oriental music, I just don't like K-Pop (by the way, I'm a fan of J-Pop music). I knew you would talk about this band, it was something predictable (too predictable, really). It is very clear that you love them ("I find them a bunch of charming boys with amazing talent"). I will not say anymore because I value my own life. I know that my body will appear in the news if I say something bad about SHINee... the problem is that I can't think in something good about them right now... (this comment will cost me an arm or a leg, I know it). Well, I have to leave now... Please, don't do something you will regret later. To kill people is bad! Bye bye!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ohh, when I was younger I loved "My chemical romance"! I have all the Cds except the last and a I went to the concert. I really liked a lot. Now, I listened to them when I get nostalgic. I liked "Good Charlotte" too! This is like come back to past. About your favorite band, I know them. Not because I like the band, it's because I have a friend who love them, specially to JongHyun. I enjoy reading your post xd

    ResponderEliminar